Digital Content Producer
A specialist involved in creating and editing content, with more than 14 years of experience bringing forth captivating content in the digital arena, winning the game of attention in a dynamic marketplace, and developing brand loyalty. Utilizes technological prowess in project management systems to navigate content through production lifecycles, collaborating with and leading teams of web developers, designers, and professionals engaged in brand partnerships, communications, production, and marketing. Keeps audiences and internal and external stakeholders up-to-date with schedules and content information tailored to bedrock relationships and ultimately meet programming and production objectives and corporate mandates.
CANADIAN BROADCAST CORPORATION | 2016 – PRESENT
Producer – Digital, Commissioned & Scripted Programming
Established the creative vision for CBC.ca scripted shows that included strategic digital and social media planning, and content creation of editorial and video content for all English speaking programming shows including but not limited to Anne with an E, Workin’ Moms, and Kim’s Convenience. Built and maintained social communities that leveraged video content and user engagement to increase reach.
- Spearheaded an animated funded project for a CBC high-profile property (Anne with an E), engaging audiences and highlighting emerging Canadian artists.
- Created and organized official documentation to establish the vision and goals of the Digital Scripted team for internal and external stakeholders.
BELL MEDIA | 2004 – 2015
Snr. Web Producer; CTV.ca (2014 – 2015)
Created the content strategy plan, and measuring of editorial and video content for CTV.ca shows and specials geared to move the audience and maintain high viewership. Developed content and strategy plans for etalk and MasterChef Canada web sites that highlighted video content to increase views, and developed a recipe hub for MasterChef Canada that had significant impact on the viewer experience.
- Increased site visits by creating, publishing, and social sharing compelling editorial content (interviews, recaps).
- Contributed as a content stakeholder for the CTV.ca redesign to help enhance user experience and SEO, and provided input to help build an efficient and flexible CMS for the content team.
- Tripled year-over-year referrals by creating interactive content pieces (quizzes, word games, polls, contests, short clips) for top shows to engage users.
- Led the redesign as digital lead for TheSocial.ca, making the site more responsive and user friendly, and achieving an increase in visits by 10% and video views by 13%.
Snr. Web Producer; Comedy, Space, and Bravo (2013 – 2014)
Bridged the gap between viewers and content as the coordinator charged with managing operations, editorial, and promotions for Bell Media specialty sites Bravo, Space, and The Comedy Network, and the team of web producers that guided content and delivery.
Developed strategies for highest-rated programs – Orphan Black, Doctor Who, The Borgias – and arrangement for the sites; working closely with marketing, communications, and programming to align broadcast and digital execution strategies.
- Launched the Bravo redesign in 2013 and helped ushered Bravo as the first Bell Media brand to implement a “TV Everywhere” service.
- Collaborated with brand partnership to develop successful sales initiatives such as the Star Trek Into Darkness contest for Space, and Stanfield Exposed! UGC contest on Comedy.
Snr. Web Content Coordinator (2007 – 2013; formerly CTVglobemedia)
Aligned innovative new ideas for content with legacy programming and daily and weekly updates, with the overall content development strategy for key properties including fashiontelevision.com, bravo.ca, spacecast.com, star-tv.com and atv.ca.
- Championed content-related projects in league with design and web development teams, achieved key milestones and delivery dates through strong project management skills.
- Joined forces with internal stakeholders to align the development and execution of special programing with broadcast programming; notably the Toronto Fashion Week with in-house content and Fashion Television’s 25th Anniversary Special.
Web Content Coordinator (2004 – 2007; formerly CHUM Television)
- Organized, wrote, and obtained assets and copy for the Bravo redesign (2004);
- Responsible for daily updates to a variety of brands including: Bravo, Citytv, StarTV, Space, SexTV, and FashionTelevision;
- Maintained Bravo’s homepage with the latest broadcast information;
- Moderated the Community forums;
- Managed the production of special event pages for Citytv;
- Wrote entertainment and celebrity news stories for StarTV.
EDUCATION (2001 – 2004)
Diploma, Multimedia Productions
Confederation College Thunder Bay ON